How do I set up a charter with Arctic Backcountry Flying Service?
Give us a call at (907)442-3200 or email us at arcticbackcountry@gmail.com

Can I ship or mail gear and things to you for my trip?
Yes! Please be sure to clearly show your name on all items. We have a lot of gear and people coming through our office so having your name on your package is a good idea. Please either use USPS or UPS. FedEx is not reliable up here.

Arctic Backcountry Flying Service
PO Box 672
Kotzebue, AK  99752

Or via UPS

Arctic Backcountry Flying Service
Lot 1, Block 3A
Kotzebue, AK 99752

Where can I stay in Kotzebue?
Nullaqvik Hotel (907) 442-3331
Bibber’s B&B (907) 442-2693 or (907) 412-1271
Sunny Willow B&B (907)412-0872
Drake’s Camp (907) 442-2736
Sue’s B&B (907)442-3770
Bayside (907)442-3600
Kelly Marcus Air BnB (907) 412-2294
LaVonne’s Fish Camp  (907)442-6013 or (907)276-0976
Lagoon B&B (907)442-4319

Do you rent guns?
No, we do not rent guns.

Can I buy camp fuel and bear spray in Kotzebue?
Yes! The local grocery and hardware stores carry most items you need: Ice, insect repellent, matches, food, fuel, bear spray, etc. Call them for all your needs, please! They’ll take your orders over the phone and deliver to us. Make sure your name is on your delivery to the Golden Eagle Outfitters hangar.
Alaska Commercial at 907 442-2385
KIC Hardware at 907 442-2400

Will my phone have service in Kotzebue?
Verizon does not work. AT&T is spotty and does not have data available. T-Mobile, GCI, and OTZ all work!

Do I need a satphone or Delorme Inreach while out?
Yes! We expect communication from you on your pick up date or for emergencies. Communication help to give us exact coordinates and what the weather is doing on your pick up day. You are our eyes on the ground and it’s essential for us to be able to communicate with you. 

Do you rent gear?
We have inflatable rafts for rent that you can rent from our hangarmates, Golden Eagle Outfitters. 
The PR-49 standard package and Pioneer X-Streams. You can see these at www.pristineventures.com/products/rafts-canoes-2
Please read up on these! All the information you’ll need is on this website.

Where can I rent gear from if I don’t have any?
Try this outfit. Many of our customers use them for full camp gear.

How much do you charge for raft rental?
PR-49’s are $60/day. Pioneer X-Streams are $500/week and $700/10 days and $85/day. You will be required to sign a rental agreement that includes protection for us for damage and loss. Bears really like to poke their teeth and claws in raft material. You’ll need to protect our rafts from this damage.

How much weight can your planes carry?
Our Cessna 206’s carry 5 passengers or 800lbs. (The 800 lbs includes body weight and gear, not including pilot weight). Anything over this weight or passenger limit will require another flight to where ever you’re heading.

Where are you located?
We are located in Kotzebue, Alaska at the west end of the airport. Coming out of Alaska Airlines, you’ll walk straight out to the stop sign and take a left. At the next stop sign take a left. You’ll see the Park Service Heritage Center in front of you and on the left you’ll see our hangar. The signs on it say Arctic Backcountry Flying Service and Golden Eagle Outfitters. Both companies operate out of this hangar. This is a 5 minute walk from Alaska Airlines.

Is there cab service in Kotzebue?
Yes, please call (907)442-4444 or (907)442-4800 if you need a ride to our hangar. We would prefer if you took a cab to our hangar.

Can I store things in your hangar while I’m out fishing/hiking/hunting?
Yes, we have a place for storage.



​​​​​​​​​​​​ Arctic Backcountry Flying Service